Jazzedge Community Forums HomeSchoolPiano Book 3 Unit 5 Finally Summer….

Book 3 Unit 5 Finally Summer….

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Michèle Kessler Michèle Kessler 2 months ago.

• Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Michael O’Meagher here. I am playing a Finally Summer from Home School Piano, Book 3, Unit 5. This uses Root, Five, Root. And, Root Five Chord..

What are your thoughts on my playing position – fingers, wrists, forearms, body posture, etc. I know there are a few mistakes… Ha, Ha…

Mk

Michèle Kessler

Hi Michael,

That is very very nice!
    I see you changed your stool! I will get a bench too. It also makes it easier to move a little when playing for a while on the left of right part of the keyboard.
    To me, your playing position seems good!
    As I guess you are looking for Willie’s comment, be sure to show your video during next Coaching Session.

HomeSchoolPiano is obviously a great teaching program!

Thanks for posting and sharing!

Michèle

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Thank you Michelle. I appreciate your feedback. Yes, Willie’s suggestion to use a bench was a good one. I need to order a small bench for my Electronic Keyboard. I use it when I’m watching Willie’s instructional videos. It is my goal to try and record more videos of my playing. I’m thinking this might be a good format to share. I’m just about done with Home School Piano. Now, the decision is which Piano Course to take next. I have several of Willie’s downloaded.

Our Sauna is up to temperature. I just finished exercising. Now, it is Sauna time. Then breakfast.

Take care: Mk

Michèle Kessler

Thanks, Michael.

Nice Sunday morning program!

Yes, recording regularly helps a lot and posting your recordings helps too, non only you but also the other students.

I admire your commitment to learning the piano. Through HomeSchoolPiano, you have built more than a very good foundation to soon move on to the PianoWithWillie Lessons. Congratulations!

Choosing the next Course/Lesson/Song is always a major moment. I am sure Willie can help you in that regard. Besides, I also like to see it as adding a piece to a puzzle. Each piece is valuable!

Have a great day!

Michèle

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Thank you. Practice time… Mk

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

More to come with Finally Summer.. Improvisation.. But, I need practice time..
    Don’t we all… Ha, Ha..
    Mk

Michèle Kessler

Hi Michael,

Great to follow your everyday rendezvous with your piano!

About improvisation, I hope you will join the Summer Piano Jam starting Friday June 21st…

Take care.

Michèle

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Michele: Would you send me more information on the Summer Piano Jam? I haven’t heard anything regarding it.

Thanks… Mk

Michèle Kessler

Hi Michael,

This is a 5-week Summer course on Improvisation (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced levels).
    In fact the Beginner level requires already 6 to 12 months of piano practice.

I guess you did not receive the general information by email because you are still doing the HomeSchoolPiano course. However, considering you have almost finished it, I would suggest you ask Willie (by email) whether it would be too soon or not to join the Summer Piano Jam. The special offer ends on 21 June. I would check this with Willie as soon as possible!

This is my third participation and I really really enjoy it!
    I hope you will have the opportunity to participate as well.

Please keep me posted.

Talk soon.

Michèle

Michèle Kessler

Michael, here I am again!

I just saw that Willie added a link to the Summer Piano Jam information on the Forum.

Just click on ‘Community’ and you will see it at the top of the page (in green)!
    Then, click on ‘Learn more’!

Maybe still check with Willie if it is not too soon to participate…

Take care.

Michèle

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Thanks Michele. I finally found the information later yesterday. I am planning on enrolling later th in s morning. I am not going to be able to attend the next Group Coaching session. I have a conflict that can’t be changed. I want to ask for comments from my Finally Summer Improv video I am working on. I haven’t made it yet but hope to get one posted in the piano forum in a few days. I appreciated your comments on my last video. I am on my cell now and typing is better on my desk top. Will get back to you later. Again, thank you for reaching out and sharing. Mk

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

HSP Bk 3 Unit 5… Finally Summer Here is an Improv of this Unit. It was fun. Look for another version maybe later. Ugh.. We have a red-shafted flicker… It is tap, tap, taping at our rain gutters… It is a mating thing. However, it causes damage.

So, here is my YouTube link for Finally Summer and my Improve… Looking forward to some feedback…
    Mk

Michèle Kessler

So nice, Michael! Congratulations!
    For sure, you are going to be great at the Summer Piano Jam!
    And smiling at us at the end… that’s the final touch!
    Thank you!
    Michèle

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Gud Morning Michele…. Thank you. Yes, I am looking forward to the Summer Piano Jam…
    Enjoy your day… It is still pretty cool here in the Pacific Northwest. But, I’m expecting it to warm up next week. The mosquitoes are out there waiting.. Ha, Ha….

Mk

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

PS – I can see I’m still pretty stiff. And, my wrists seem to be a little low. Willie’s suggestion of making a video of your playing is really a good one. Also, I notice my neck seems to be starting to tilt to the left. Will have to do more stretches to see if I can straighten it. Looking forward to HSP Bk 3 Unit 6… Then Summer School Jam…

Take care: Mk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.