Jazzedge Community Forums Introduce Yourself Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Erhan Akdeniz Erhan Akdeniz 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Participant
    Erhan Akdeniz

I am Erhan from Turkey. I play piano for the last 11 months. I am a guitarist for 20+ years and my first goal was to play the piano parts of my compositions as I have been working alone for some time now. My next goal is to be able to compose using the piano. The repertoire I learn during my studies won’t hurt too 🙂
    Cheers

Michèle Kessler

Thanks for posting here, Erhan.

Wow! You have a real good practice as a guitar player!
    I look forward to hearing your compositions at the piano!

Take care.

Michèle

Participant
    Erhan Akdeniz

Hello Michèle,
    Thank you. I’m not not sure if the commercial releases allowed here but since you asked:

(Please remove my post if it’s illegal)
    These are my released compositions where I actually played the piano instead of entering by notation. The release was months ago and it was the first time I played electric piano ever (nr2) so I wasn’t sure that I was able to play so quiet with my left hand during solo so I recorded (only) solo part separate takes for left and right hands.
    Also this is my YouTube channel I upload my piano videos here. Perhaps You may find sth. that’s worth listening later on https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCBKI1k-jzkxWBq8IO7W4FkA
    You may like my 6:30 mins improvisation “honey, I can’t find the keys” https://youtu.be/qllSnHhznZs though. My left hand is pathetic but I received positive response from my friends.
    Take care.

Michèle Kessler

Hello Erhan,

Thank you! Tomorrow I will check with Willie whether the post has to be removed or not. I think it is OK, but not totally sure…
    In the meantime, I opened a Spotify account to listen to the entire album and I am impressed!
    I love when the guitar is ‘screaming’! As there are many facets in your playing, I will revert to you with some more thoughts in a day or two.

Thanks for also sharing your YouTube channel!

Talk soon.

Michèle

Participant
    Erhan Akdeniz

Hello Michèle
    I am glad that you liked it. If you have any questions about anything about my songs or posts, I’d be happy to answer.
    Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.