Jazzedge Community Forums Summer Piano Jam The Thrill is Gone. Lesson 3-with chords

The Thrill is Gone. Lesson 3-with chords

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Michèle Kessler Michèle Kessler 1 month ago.

• Participant
    Rodney Hill

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Nice Job Rodney! Very smooth. I like it. You have been practicing. I’m looking forward to your progress. Now worries on SPJ Intermediate Course. I was going to start BB King but Willie suggested I stay with SPJ. Stick with BB King… 🙂 You can always return to SPJ later. This will give me something to look forward to after I finish SPJ. I’m enjoying learning more about Chord arpeggios and guide tones. Unit 4 get real interesting. It is my hope to start developing my own improvisations using the techniques Willie is presenting. You take care…. Thanks for reaching out…. Mk

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Here is my video of The Thrill is Gone with Bass Line and Chords. The Melody is next.

Michael O’Meagher

Participant
    Rodney Hill

Nice!

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Thank you. 🙂
    The bassline and melody are slowly coming along. It is taking some work. Your videos have inspired me. Take care.. Mk

Michèle Kessler

Hi Michael,

This is just to tell you, as I did yesterday ‘live’, that it sounds great!
    Your left hand is smooth and strong at the same time, and it is already grooving!
    Congratulations! Can’t wait to see the next video!

Take care.

Michèle

Participant
    Michael O’Meagher

Thank you Michele. Working on bassline with lead. Progress is slow but slowly coming. It was good to see you at coaching. Your sharing means a lot. Be well.

Michèle Kessler

Thanks, Michael, for your kind words. It was good to see you as well!
    I even saw you getting up and literally disappearing into the forest!
    That was awesome!
    Take care.
    Michèle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.