Yo Yo!

• Participant
    Kurtis Mcloughlin

Hey everyone, I’m Kurt. I’m 35 years old, I’ve been a professional DJ and electronic music producer as a full time job since I was 18. I’ve been writing electronic music since I was 13. Funnily enough, I’ve been around and worked with synthesizer keyboards for nearly 20 years on a daily basis but I’ve never actually really learned to play properly, I could play really basic stuff but everything I wrote was pretty much programmed using the sequencers in Logic, Cubase or Ableton.

Recently I have found a new love for Classical. Listening to the likes of Beethoven, Mozart or Bach, really just blows my mind at the depth and the music genius that goes into telling the stories they do in their music. I’ve decided it’s time for me to learn to play properly now that I have a lot more time on my hands so I went and bought a digital piano. Past few weeks I’ve been studying music theory and practical none stop, I really want to be able to understand and read music as well as just play it. I’m really at a turning point in my life now that I’m not a spring chicken anymore so I’m thinking about maybe putting in to study music theory full time next year at university (UK) and then maybe progress into doing music for film so I’d like to understand as much as I possibly can. I stumbled on the “Circle of 5th is Bullsh*t” video on Youtube a few days ago, which eventually led me to here last night. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’d like to say thank you for putting in all the hard work to create jazzedge.com, I feel like I’ve hit a gold mine!

Thank you and hey everyone!

Michèle Kessler

Hi Kurtis,

Thanks for introducing yourself, and what an interesting journey!
    You found the right place, as I did a few years ago!

Are you going to join tomorrow’s Coaching Session at 3pm (Eastern time)?
    It would be nice to meet you there!

Take care.

Michèle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.